The summer of 2012 marked the 8th anniversary of the founding of the Blackburn United Community Football Club, a coming together of all the under age teams in the town with Blackburn United Juniors, the town's adult side. The Juniors compete in the East Region of the Scottish Junior Football Association and have a squad mix of amateur and semi-professional players, many of whom come from the local West Lothian area and some of whom are from the Lanarkshire and Stirlingshire areas. The adult side has an SFA qualified management team and a qualified physiotherapist. A sub-committee run the day to day affairs of the side.
The youth section is made up of teams that range in age from Under 9's through to Under 21's and, along with a growing girls section and special needs provision, the Club provides coaching for upwards of 140 children. There is also a soccer school that provides targeted coaching for children from ages 5 to 7 to equip them with the skills and the confidence necessary to progress to one of the age group teams. All the youth players in the Club enjoy the guidance and direction of SFA qualified coaches.
In November 2009 Blackburn United Community Football Club became the fourth Club in West Lothian and only the nineteenth in the whole of South East Scotland to be awarded the SFA Quality Mark when Club officials were presented with the entry level Standard Award by ex-Hearts and Kilmarnock captain Gary Locke at Tynecastle ahead of that months Hearts v St. Johnstone SPL game. Fourteen months later, at Easter Road on Saturday 8th January 2011, the Club then received the prestigious, full Community Award from SFA Director of Football Jim Fleeting and ex-Hibs striker Keith Wright.
- Twitter feed is being updated ;)
- Follow BUCFC
This weeks jackpot is £650.00.
This weeks winning numbers are:
1 8 15 16
The £650 jackpot prize was won by Kirrie Reid c/o the Football Club. Next weeks prize now reverts to £50. The £10 lucky draw prize was won by Eddie Fowler c/o the Mill Centre.
Matches coming up
- 01/09/2014 at 19:00 Blackburn United v. Fauldhouse United
- 06/09/2014 at 13:00 Boys 2004 v. Linlithgow Rose Sharks
- 06/09/2014 at 14:30 Blairgowrie v. Blackburn United
- 07/09/2014 at 00:00 Broxburn Athletic v. Girls 2001
- 07/09/2014 at 11:00 Boys 2000 v. hutchi vale
- 07/09/2014 at 11:00 Coltswood Athletic Fc v. Boys 1999
- 13/09/2014 at 14:30 Falkirk v. Blackburn United
- 14/09/2014 at 00:00 Girls 2001 v. Leith Athleitc
- 20/09/2014 at 14:30 Blackburn United v. Pumpherston
- 21/09/2014 at 00:00 Hibs Colts v. Girls 2001
Blackburn United Community Football Club and the Boys 2000 team are proudly associated with Newman Properties.